Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hospital - Day 1

Well, it finally happened. We always knew it could but hoped it wouldn't happen. Today at our clinic visit the doctor decided that it was time to admit Kenyon. I have been pretty emotional about it. But we already knew that I am a cry baby. It is really a good thing. Kenyon has been so sick and miserable with this GVHD. They will be able to take care of him and get him the treatment he needs.

Tonight he is back on that stupid bed and his arm is full of IVs. He is also drinking GoLytely (this big old jug of fluids). He gets to have a colonoscopy tomorrow. Fun stuff. He says that the drink is AWFUL. Apparently the pharmacy is out of flavor packets.

Hopefully we get nurse Richard again. Those were good times. It was actually nice to see a few of the nurses and aides that I haven't seen since this summer. They are so good to us up at BMT unit at University Hospital.

Oh and guess what - Gavin turned 5 today. He is miserable. He had a good day despite the sickness and he appreciates all the birthday wishes and gifts. Hopefully he will feel better soon.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Augh. I hate this. I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm glad Kenyon will be well taken care of and that he can start to feel better physically and emotionally. You guys are always on my mind.

Julie said...

I am so so sorry! I can't even begin to imagine everything you have been through and continue to go through! You are in our prayers! And I hope Gavin had a great birthday and that he gets feeling better soon too!

Hurd Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear Kenyon is still feeling awful. Please call if you need anything.

Alan Anderson said...

Annie I am so sorry that you are going through all this! It sounds like your past year has been like ours with endless hospital stays, procedures and many other fun things we never knew existed. Your family is in our prayers because we know how much that helped us get through some rough times. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you!
Kristi

H C M said...

What can I say, Annie? Argh-h-h. I wish I were there to help. Should I come?

Dayna said...

Ken & Annie-

We are so sorry for all that you are having to go through. We can't even imagine how physically, emotionally, mentally exhausting this must all be. We just know that light is there at the end of the tunnel (as far and distant as it may seem right now). You are always in our thoughts and prayers. If you need ANYTHING EVER that we could help with PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't hesitate to give us a buzz. We love you!

Dayna & Steve

Amy said...

So sorry to hear that you're back at the hospital. You remain in our prayers. Cute birthday pics! Remember, kids can never have too much pizza (by their reckoning at least). I hope my baby girl is as cute as yours. Hang in there!

Heidi said...

Annie,
I am so sorry to hear that your poor husband is going through this, and you! I hate the hospital, although there is so much more relief when you are there, just knowing that if something goes wrong they can handle it. We will definitely keep your family in our prayers. GOOD LUCK! Someday we'll kick cancer's butt. I hate it!!!

Stephen said...

Oh man... hospitals are never any fun, especially when IVs and forced fluids are involved. So sorry to hear that Kenyon's back there again. Even though we're miles away, you guys will be in our prayers.