Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hospital - Day 2

Kenyon is a trooper but he isn't lovin' it. Today he had a central line/port put in. He had one all summer until about October and then had it removed. It seemed that we didn't need it any more. But it is back - and it is probably better. It is much easier to administer meds, fluids, and IV nutrition.

He is on IV nutrition to get his gut/digestive system working properly. It has taken such a beating and he needs to get things stabilized. The bummer is that he feels hungry and wants food, even though his body is getting the nutrition that it needs. Strange. I think he will be on that for a couple days at least.

Kenyon also had the fun of a colonoscopy today. They put him out so he has nothing to say about that. But it definitely makes me not want to get to age 50. I don't want to drink that icky stuff. I have a hard enough time drinking 8 glasses of water a day.

Thanks for all your love, prayers, and concern. We appreciate it and need it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Annie and family,
I'll never forget when you let me stay at your house. You were so welcoming! It was so long ago. I love reading your blog and I hope everything goes well for your husband. I'll be thinking of you and your family,most of all in my prayers.
I had a colonoscopy a while back. I had to take 40 pill in a 2 hour setting while drinking tons of juice, water, or whatever. I can't believe they didn't let him do that instead of drinking that stuff! YUCK!
Much love. Katelyn

Katie M. said...

Kenyan is for sure a trooper! I admire you guys so much. Annie you are superhuman, i swear! i hope this isnt' tacky to tell you this, but just so you know, I call the temple prayer roll each week and put Kenyan's and your family's name on it. I love that temple prayer roll!!!!! hang in there!

Julie said...

You guys are seriously amazing! Glad things are going ok....(as ok as they can, I guess!)

Claudine said...

Brandon called us last night to give us an update on Kenyon. So sorry that he (and you) have to go through all this. A colonoscopy is bad enough when you are feeling good, let alone when you are so sick. Best of luck to you and your family. We will pray for you too. Claudine Spevak Cedar City

Courtney said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers as always (we'll just try not to think of all the colonoscopy details :}

Shanna said...

Annie,
I have been thinking so much about your family lately. I pray that Kenyon will have just enough GVHD, but not too much (it's good to have a little, right?). I pray for you at home and your kids too. You are a trooper as well. Tell Gavin Happy Birthday. Tell Ken, Iove him and would come visit if I were closer.