Monday, January 26, 2009

Best Ever ?

I am not sure I have tasted enough cupcakes to say it is the "Best Ever" but really it is dang good. For sure better than the famous Magnolia Bakery in NYC. But that is worth a visit as well.

Billy's Bakery in Chelsea, NY. In my opinion, it is a must. When I traveled to NYC with my mom and sisters we stayed in Chelsea. Only two blocks away was the cutest little bakery and it was open late. So of course, we had stop by on our way home to pick out a delicious treat.

Thanks to Martha Stewart, we have Billy's recipes for his cupcakes and frosting. For Gavin's birthday, my sister tried out the Vanilla Butter Cream frosting. I'm sure the preschool class didn't appreciate the quality of the frosting the way we did, but they loved the bugs. The color and decor was Gavin's choice. Next time I hope to do something a little more beautiful.

No question in this house - it was the best frosting ever. Now I can't wait to try the Chocolate Buttercream. Oh baby! Or maybe I just need to take a trip back to NYC.

4 comments:

hOLLIANN said...

Those are so cute, and I have to say Annie, every time I just don't stack up...I need to be more like you...Krew's preschool friends got giant pixy sticks with balloons tied...I am suddenly jealous of those bugs! Way too cute...next time I am emailing for an idea from you!

Hoffmann Family said...

I can't wait to try it out. I always love the things your bake. One of my favorites are your lemon drop cookies!

Dayna said...

yummmmmmy (mouth drooling).

Malea said...

Thanks! I put the recipe in my favorites so I can have it for my next treat making day.