Monday, January 12, 2009

Roid Rage

The news this week after visiting Huntsman is that it is time for steroids. Unfortunately, I don't have tons of details. I win the prize for worst wife. I went to a hair appointment instead of a doctor appointment. I was really going gray, though. Something had to be done. But, that was dumb because now I really don't know enough to update you. Maybe someday Kenyon will write a post for this blog. He has a much better understanding of what is going on.

What I do know is that this steroid should work. It ought to put a stop to the nausea right away and treat GVHD. But, as with all his meds, there will be side effects, too. We'll see how that goes. I just hope he isn't too mad at us all the time. That kind of scares me.

But on a good note, don't you love 24? I am so glad that Jack is back. Monday nights will be so much better.

5 comments:

David said...

You are going to have to keep Benson out of your medicine cabinet now.

H C M said...

Ha-ha Dave. Kenyon and Annie, So sorry for the steroids, I well remember Kiki and Mom using them. But if it does the trick? Well I hope it will. And I'm glad Jack is back too. I've only viewed the first two hours though, so tomorrow I get to catch up on the next two.

Malea said...

Your title made me think of the part in 50 First Dates with Doug, the brother, when he says: "It'th not hith fault hith head'th thaped like that! ", Then the Doctor says, " Note the intense overreaction, that's the 'roids talkin'". Anyway, hope this works for you both! Do you like how your hair was done? BTW, I can't believe I'm suggesting this, but my mom in law has liver cancer, she's been going up to Huntsmans, from time to time. Maybe I'll go up there with her next time, and we can catch up. Retarded suggestion huh?

Angie said...

i do know my mom was not any angrier on steroids. she was happy! so that is good news! and it sounds like good news that kenyon is leaving the sickness behind. best of luck!

Julie said...

I hope these work for Kenyon! Steroids can do wonders ...in more ways than one! I'm glad you went and got your hair done!! I am 100% gray now and am so grumpy when my gray is showing! I'm sure you look beautiful! and I hope these "roids" help Kenyon feel better!