Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Guess Who Came To Visit?



Quinn caused quite a stir at the BMT unit today. They finally said that she could come. I don't know if the original doctor who said NO knows about it but oh well. I was happy to bring her and Kenyon was very happy to see her. All the nurses and aides were also happy to finally meet her. Life is crazy for me so I still didn't stay that long but it was nice to visit.

Kenyon has started Progression 1. That means that he got to add applesauce and cream of wheat to his diet today. Pretty much like feeding a baby. Taking it slow and introducing one food at a time.

Kenyon is feeling much better but the treatment of GVHD is a slow process. I don't know when he is coming home. But, it is better that they get him really feeling well. He is still on IV meds and nutrition and that will take some time to switch over.

He gets a little stir crazy but he is able to work (which we are SO grateful for). He has had some great visits (Thank you!!) and then there is always the bike, pacing the halls, and the TV. I think he is managing quite well.

10 comments:

Egan Metcalf said...

Kenyon looks great with his curly hair! i love it. curly hair people rule.

Unknown said...

he seriously looks like Will Farrell after he showers. Craziness.

Kristine said...

Looove that picture. quinn is pretty (of course) and kenyon is looking great. happy to get an update. happy that he is feeling better!

Katie M. said...

speaking of curly hair, my mom's came back (after her chemo treatments) super tight and coarse, with some tiny curls. And, it came in WHITE! it was nuts. I like Kenyan's- he looks like superstar. Which he is.

Julie said...

I always did LOVE curly hair! :)
He looks great! And I bet he loved having such an adorable special visitor!

Dayna said...

Thanks for the update- I can't imagine living off of applesauce and cream of wheat but I am glad that things are slowly progressing in a positive way! How fun that you were able to bring Quinn in for a visit-she is so presh.

Teague looks SO CUTE with his new glasses. My little brother Adam wore glasses when he was little (only one out of the ten of us) and we just thought he was so adorable!!!

Shanna said...

Cream of Wheat is so good to eat, yes, we eat it every day. We sing this song and it makes us strong. . .Ken, remember when dad used to sing this. I'm glad you're progressing and that you got to see Quinn. Our next door neighbors are from China and they had to send their little boy back w/ his grandma, so she could watch him while they're in school. How sad.

The Loves said...

So glad that you finally get to take Quinn! It's so good for all of you - I will still watch her anytime though! Josh had a lot of fun the other night. I won't play the "dumb" game with him, all he has is the internet, so it was great for him to play with Chris and Kenyon.

Angie said...

thanks so much for all the updates!

hOLLIANN said...

Now all he has to do is pray for a cougar game worth watching on TV!