Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not Much

I know you are checking. You want a Kenyon update. I don't really have much to say. I really should make him write these. I have been able to go to the hospital for short visits each day. Thanks to all my helpers! But, that means that I really don't know much. The GVHD hasn't spread into other organs -that is good. The steroids seem to be working, but slowly. Today he got to add 500cc (not much) of clear liquid to his diet. Depending on how he tolerates that, he will add a little more tomorrow. The TPN (IV nutrition) is definitely helping. Kenyon seems to be much happier now his body is getting what it needs. We don't have an exact day for him to come home. Probably another week. It will really depend on how each day goes and how well he tolerates food. We would love to have him home but he is getting great care.

Thanks so much for the meals, watching kids, visits to Kenyon, phone calls, and especially your prayers.

coming soon - a post about the BEST cupcakes frosting EVER. Seriously. Love. Love.

4 comments:

H C M said...

I check "wishin" probably twice a day out of concern for Kenyon. Thank you for posting!

Julie said...

I'm just looking forward to the post when he is back home and hopefuly feeling lots better!
Can't wait to hear about the yummy frosting~!

Shanna said...

So good to hear you are all doing well. I called when Mom and Monette were driving home from visiting Ken the other day. They said he looked better:)

Janna said...

Thanks for the updates. I have many people ask me about him, but I don't want to bother you with another phone call. SO thanks for keeping us updated this way. I will call when things settle down for you. You are all in our prayers.