Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Healthy Recipe to Try

I pretty much love granola and trail mix type food. LOVE. And I am always trying new recipes. If you really want good granola - check out Supernova Granola. But, here is a SUPER EASY recipe for some very healthy trail mix. I am not exactly sure how I ran across this recipe on the food network. But, I tried it today. And so far, everyone who I have shared it with says - WINNER WINNER!

Pumpkin Seed Dried Cherry Trail Mix (Or Craisins -whatever you prefer)

Ingredients

  • 2 cups baby pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
  • 1 cup slivered almonds
  • 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
  • 6 tablespoons pure Grade B maple syrup
  • Coarse salt
  • 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries

Directions

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a large bowl, toss the pumpkin seeds, almonds, and sunflower seeds and the syrup until evenly coated. Spread the nuts and seeds out, in an even single layer, on the lined baking sheets and season with salt to taste. Bake the nuts, stirring several times with spatula or wooden spoon, until just golden, about 20 minutes.
Cool the nuts completely on the pan, then add the cherries and toss to combine. Store cooled trail mix in an airtight container at room temperature.

I will attempt a picture of it tomorrow when I have natural lighting. But my indoor lighting does not make any food look good. (or my camera but that is another problem)

No comments: