Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy 9th!


This girl woke up HAPPY about her birthday even though it was on a Sunday (not a bad thing it just kind of limits what we can do to celebrate).

She was ready for a day about her. At dinner she asked if everyone would go around the table and say something they love about her. Hilarious. Of course we were happy to but pretty funny.

She mostly wanted clothes and more decor for her room. My niece-in-law made two awesome prints for her to hang on her wall. Check it out. Her stuff is awesome.


Elise doesn't care about cake so my mom saved the birthday (again) and made this chocolate chip cookie. Perfect.

And did you see who came to visit this weekend. We loved it. Campbell the Squish, Jen and Kristine. We were sad to see them leave.

Reasons I LOVE Elise:
      E - Enthusiastic
      L - Great laugh and so loving
       - intelligent and interested in all the details
       - Soccer his one of her loves, she is quite sassy, and she is sweet when the sassy side calms down                              
      E - Entertaining - she had us all laughing last night. She was definitely on a birthday high and looking             for some attention. Favorite quote of the night "Here comes the glam."

3 comments:

Chris, Amy and the girls said...

There it is! She really is so beautiful and so grown up looking these days. How fun to have family in town. (Sad reason though.) I need to see her room!

Lindsey said...

She is so mature! I won't even recognize her next time I see her :( Happy Birthday to Elise!

Julianne said...

Rock on with the pizookie, Holly, and I love all the number nine cut-outs. Birthdays at your house always looks so fun!

As for Elise, I think it's awesome that she initiated the "what do you love about me?" comments. I still remember when she was born, during the winter Olympics, I think, and coming over to see her/you in your old Draper house. Has it really been nine years? Crazy how quickly time passes these days...