Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthayday to Kenyon!


Today is Kenyon's NEW birthday - June 25th. I came to the hospital this morning and he was sitting up in bed and said hi to me. The blinds were open and the TV was on. It was the best. He is clearly feeling better. (It will get worse again but it is nice to have a good day here and there). His bowl of cereal was empty - a first since Sunday. He is sleeping now - still tired but at least not puking.

The transplant is happening sometime this afternoon. His brother, Brett, is just finishing the "procedure" where they take his stem cells. We are so grateful. What an amazing thing.

I was telling the kids this morning that it is Dad's birthday today. Teague said something about "what a yucky birthday in the hospital." My mom reminded them that most human lives start in a hospital and aren't all that fun but definitely joyous. Next year, when Kenyon is ONE, we will celebrate a little more and maybe he can smash his cake in his face.

I will update later on how it all went and hopefully we will have a couple of pictures. :)

3 comments:

Anon said...

Annie, I am so happy to read that Kenyon is doing better today! Your mom is incredibly wise and I hope that despite the fact, Kenyon has a great day.

Courtney said...

Annie, I haven't been blogging for a while, went back and read all of the posts. I am glad to hear that Kenyon is feeling well today and what a big day it is! We are praying for all of you. Thanks for the updates. WE SEND OUR BEST.

Janna said...

Glad to see that you still have your sense of humor! I am so happy that he said HI to you.