Monday, January 28, 2008

Sweet and Sour

Here is my new recipe for the week. Once again it comes from my cousin Katie's - Wirthlin Family Cookbook. I should have taken a picture of it. I thought it looked good and tasted great. However this is not one of the most healthy of recipes.

Sweet and Sour Chicken
3 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch strips (or use chicken tenders)
2 eggs, beaten
Cornstarch
Oil

Sauce
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup sugar
8 T ketchup
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 T soy sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk sauce ingredients all together and set aside. Take chicken strips, dip in beaten egg, then cornstarch and fry in oil until golden brown. Place cooked chicken in 9x13 baking dish and pour sauce on top. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve with rice.

1 comment:

H C M said...

I've got to try that one and the lemon bars.