Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Podcast Love


Our friend Greg introduced me to the world of podcasts a few years ago. Addicted. I love having something good to listen to. And usually your time commitment is less than hour. I get tired of the radio. And often I am listening to a book. (I am really too tired to do as much reading as I would like and that way I can get 2 things done at once - a book and drive or exercise).

But Podcasts are probably my most favorite thing to listen to.

And I have a new favorite. Today I tried Conversations from the Mormon Channel. You can automatically download them on iTunes. My first Conversation was with Stephanie and Christian Nielson (Nie Nie Diagloues).

It was the most inspiring exercise. I have a lot more to say about what I thought listening to them but won't do that now. Just go download some Conversation podcasts. It will make your day.

Other podcast favorites (all free on iTunes)

#1 - This American Life with Ira Glass LOVE LOVE LOVE
I learn the most interesting things. The show is brilliant at putting together stories about our American life. They are entertaining and so educational.

#2 - Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me - it is a news quiz show each week. They have a panel of comedians who make funny commentary on the week's news. Listeners call in to answer questions about current events. It is the perfect way to get updated on the week's news in a few minutes and have lots of good laughs. Sometimes I laugh out loud at the gym and it is so embarrassing.

#3 - BYU Speeches,  CES Firesides, and General Conference Talks (I grouped them all into one but they are each separate things). I just like to have a few gospel centered messages available.

Millions out there to choose from. If you don't already, enjoy!

4 comments:

Anon said...

I have had a great time this morning loading byu speeches on to my ipod. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Thanks for the great tip Annie! I can't wait to check it out.

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you posted these. I've been thinking a lot lately how I want to start listening to podcasts, but I didn't know where to find good ones. Thanks!

Malea said...

Thanks for posting! I, too, enjoy a great book on tape. The radio just bugs me. So thank you thank you for the recommendations!