Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dinner Pretty Much Rocked

I love holiday meals. And this one - I must say - was pretty dang good. But I had some good help (thanks Jane, Kristine and Egan). And it came after a perfect day of General Conference. Weren't the talks (once again) great?

Easter Dinner Menu:

Citrus Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Asparagus
Easter Bunny orange rolls (Metalf family tradition since 1980s? - my mom got the recipe from a Friend magazine. Easter just isn't OK without them.)
Raspberry Barbequed Chicken (so easy and really good)
Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Curd and Cream 
Seriously - I wish we had Easter Dinner every night.

OOH and Jane made homemade marshmallows topped with coconut. Yummy!

And I made these cute little Easter favors for each place setting. So easy and turned out perfect (except no one needed any more candy).




7 comments:

Anon said...

It looks beautiful and delicious Annie!

Egan Metcalf said...

Everything was perfection.
I don't know how you do it all.
thanks again!

Jane said...

i'm so lucky to live close to you! thanks for a great meal. holidays are better with family and a good home cooked meal. YUMMMMM. it's good to keep track of this menu and dinner party menus in general so we don't forget them. (like we ever do repeats, but still)

H C M said...

Loved this post--though we had fun doing what we did, paper plates and mass produced food isn't the same. Proud of all you girls.

Hoffmann Family said...

Do you have any leftovers?

McKinlay Family said...

Next time invite me... I won't even bring my kids. LOL

Traci said...

Man Annie, all this food sounds divine! I love traditions, especially ones around food! Keep it up and thanks for the great inspiration!