Monday, April 5, 2010

Who Do You Think You Are Anyway?

A full week of Spring Break. Possibilities are endless. Unless the weather is AWFUL and nobody feels well. That's us.


Actually it was a great week despite the snow and little bouts of stomach flu or something.


We hit the zoo, played with friends, visited Grandma (except I locked Quinn and my keys in the car and we were in Bountiful on a snow day - duh!), and saw How To Train A Dragon (LOVED) and Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief and Blind Side.


One day I spent curled up in a ball on the couch - SICK. And I discovered the NBC show Who Do You Think You Are? I love it. My kids got hooked too. How cool that these famous people are finding out more about their ancestors. I really liked Mathew Broderick's story. You can watch it here. So, when we went to lunch with my Grandma, I had my kids bring blank pedigree charts and we asked Grandma questions and filled in a few blanks. 


Reminds me of this verse of Malachi 4:6 in the Old Testament: "And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers..."



3 comments:

H C M said...

sweet

Hoffmann Family said...

I love that idea! I am going to copy! What a great way to have them learn about geneology.

H C M said...

I forgot to mention I have watched all of the segments so far, pretty interesting.