Monday, March 29, 2010

Back in the Day

Once upon a time...I had these friends (well, I still have them) that taught me how to ski. 18 years ago. Those were good, good times. They taught me by taking me up to some scary runs and making me go down. But I learned and loved it. Then I went away to college. To the land of even more skiing but alas, I had no money for skiing. And then more time went by and I still had no money. And then I got married and Kenyon isn't really a skier (but knowing Kenyon he is probably REALLY good even though he hasn't ever learned). And then I had kids. And somehow skiing never fit in. Until...the brilliant minds at Park City Mountain figured out the StartNow program. $25. Total. That is rentals, the lesson, and the lift pass. Seriously! (That's for you Heather). Needless to say, the kids (T and E) love skiing. We couldn't convince Gavin to join us. Friday we skipped school (and still Gavin didn't want to come- go figure) and went up for a lesson. I was actually very nervous but it came back to me quickly. Too bad I had this grumpy old ski bum as an instructor. I wish I had someone with me so we could laugh a little more. Too bad money is still the issue or I guarantee you we would be hitting the slopes again tomorrow. It really is amazing to be up on the top of the beautiful mountains and the feeling coming down is perfect!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I will go!!! Back in the day....I skiied a lot!!! alot alot. Then, as you say, life happens..no mun, no fun. If you ever need a partner call me!

Jane said...

good for you annie!!!! that's awesome! I love that Elise and Teague love it! It is fun, and the perfect thing to do as a Utahan. What's with gavin??! silly.
that's awesome that you hit the slopes too. i really should go.

H C M said...

Annie! I didn't know you took the lesson too. Good for you. It is gorgeous, it is breath-taking, it is fun. Awesome sport.

Juliann said...

Oh, memories. We weren't that mean were we? I think that black diamond we sent you down was a total accident. . . it was marked differently on the map!

Looks like a lot of fun and what a screamin' deal! It could only be better if that $25 also paid for daycare for two year olds!

Angie said...

Skiing is such a great feeling! And an even better feeling is being able to do it for cheap. Cost is the big barrier for us too. Why do they make it so stinkin expensive?! :) Glad you guys found such a great deal and had so much fun as a family on the mountain.