Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Gospel Conversation


So, my mom has a great blog for institute class. Check it out. http://www.bomclass.blogspot.com/


She asks the question "Have you had a gospel conversation today?" We claim that we "talk of Christ" but do we do it regularly? I don't. We do read the Book of Mormon each morning and we have had some good little discussions about the scriptures. I don't talk about it enough, though.


Today we read a verse that struck me and I thought I would share it with whoever read this blog. Alma 26:1-2 "And now, these are the words of Ammon to his brethren, which say thus: My brothers and my brethren, behold I say unto you, how great reason have we to rejoice; for could we have supposed when we astarted from the land of Zarahemla that God would have granted unto us such great blessings? And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?"

Can we tell all the blessings that have been bestowed upon us? I know I can't but I have tried to be more aware of them. It feels like the number of people that need our prayers continues to grow and the prayers continue to be answered.

Ammon retells of the hardships they faced on their mission but that it was worth it because of the great blessings of success and protection. He says: verse 27 "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

When we were young women - we highlighted this verse when we were frustrated with the awful dating scene we felt Seattle had to offer young mormon girls. We had hope that one day we would have success if we could just bear with patience the young men.

But, I now like this verse because it is so applicable to us - although we don't face the same afflictions as Ammon and his bretheren. We do face afflictions and we can be worthy of blessings if we are patient and follow the commandments given.

Enough. That is my gospel thought for the day.

1 comment:

H C M said...

I love this gospel thought. Ammon and his brethren were awesome, and so are you. Thinking of their joy over the precious converts gives me a renewed perspective on what real joy is.