Monday, March 2, 2009

Remarkably Well

So the doctor said today that Kenyon is doing "remarkably well." That is such good news. It still a very slow healing process but they are pleased with how things look on the xrays. Today they let him have some broth and water. Yumm!

Gavin's prayer last night - "Please bless all the germs to go away and that no one gets sick again." Don't we wish that would happen.

Elise's prayer tonight - "I'm thankful for the doctors serving Dad." How nice. They have been great. Gavin loves that Kenyon's doc this week in the BMT unit is named Dr. Cao (pronounced cow). He thinks that is hilarious.

7 comments:

Anon said...

Annie, I am so happy for the good news. You guys are in our prayers as well.

H C M said...

Great post! I love hearing the kids' comments. I'm grateful for some good news. Hang in there Annie, I know heaven is helping you too.

Julie said...

Yay! Good news! That is so sweet to hear your kids little prayers! Those are some of my favorite moments with my kids. They say the sweetest things! We will keep our fingers crossed....and hopefully soon, he can bag the broth and water and go get a BIG MAC!!!

Tracy said...

Annie, I always love checking in and finding great news! Does that pioneer woman have a nanny? How does she have the time. I guess if you could send your kids out on a ranch for half the day that would help. I am homeschooling Whitney next year. I want to keep her back a year, but she doesn't want to repeat, so she is taking a year off with me. When Kenyon can eat, I will email him my daily diet and he should gain weight quickly. Stock up on girl scout cookies because a box a day is one of the requirements!

Becky said...

Annie I think about you often. You are amazing women and a wonderful example to me. Becky!

McKinlay Family said...

So glad for the update, I have been stalking you. I will try to stop by this week. Sorry your mom had to leave.

The Loves said...

So, the first thing Gavin told me when he walked in was, "guess what my dad's doctor's name is?" He told us and was laughing the whole time. I was interested to see how it was spelled. He and Kaige laughed and laughed about the name for a long time. Funny boys... We love them!