Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SAVE ME!!

He is cute - I know - but he is driving me completely crazy. He has always been kind of a Mamma's boy but seriously he won't leave my side. He talks my ear off all day long and wants to do everything I am doing. I should be grateful for a buddy but half the time I just want a moment of peace to do my project without little hands. He keeps saying, "Please, Mom, what can I do to help?" I know, I know. Any mom would love to have her child say that to them but really it is usually things I really didn't want help on. I should just love it because it won't last. I just want him to play with friends or toys or anything. Oh well.

2nd problem is that he is the biggest negotiator. He always wants just one of something or he will promise his best behavior for life if I will buy it. (you know that doesn't last though). I was SO good with the two oldest but I find myself caving way too often with child number 3. Help! He just knows how to work it with me. And dang he is persistent. In my parenting class (Love and Logic) they call it "brain drain." He has mastered it. (yes, he talked me into buying that dumb candy toy thing he is holding.) In fact, I just now became the meanest mom because I won't let him have one of my 2 1/2 gallon zip lock bags (which I use for scrapbooking kits). Please. Why does he think he even wants one. Ughh. He is cute and that saves him- often! But he is up for rent if someone is feeling lonely and needs a buddy - actually he is free no rent necessary.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this post. Because you put into words things I think but just can't say sometimes -- that my kids occasionally make me crazy. You have, of course, just described Wesley to a "T" -- especially the "Mamma's boy, has to be near me at all times" part. I just have to keep reminding myself that someday I'm going to miss that constant sidekick!

Anon said...

I will take him! We adore Gavin at our house, and not only is he so super cute he is so super smart. Gavin I cant wait for you to come and play, Cooper is going to teach you how to Riverdance!!

Egan Metcalf said...

hahaha... did he talk you into buying that thing he is holding? I will take gavin anyday!

Liz Morrey Romrell said...

I'd take him but I've already got a joined-at-the-hip buddy. I can totally sympathize with you. It's hard not to be drained. Maybe we could put the two together and they could talk each other into the ground...

Allman Roca said...

I love it! I swear that Judd is so spoiled just because we shop together all the time. I asked him who his best friend is and he said,"You,Mom!"
So look as it as Gavin is your best friend.:)

Allman Roca said...

I love it! I swear that Judd is so spoiled just because we shop together all the time. I asked him who his best friend is and he said,"You,Mom!"
So look as it as Gavin is your best friend.:)

Kristine said...

gavin Cracks Me UP! i have witnessed all that you discribed. man i love that kid! it is hard to resist that cute face of his.

good luck annie!

Dayna said...

check out my blog........i have something for you

H C M said...

Let him come to stay with Grandma and Grandpa. If he's smart he'll say "no" because he'll remember that Grandpa cannot be 'worked.'

Juliann said...

Ha, ha! You ARE going soft! WHat is that candy thing? Looks like something you could only find at a state fair! Man, what a cutie. And if he weren't right next to you all the time you'd miss all those hilarious things he says.

Janna said...

I am usually always available for him to talk my ear off...oh wait he won't talk to me....that's Brandon that he talks to. Must be something special about tall people. He only talks to tall people. The next day Brandon has off of work we will call and have him come over.
I remember all 3 of my kids going through the "talk your ear off" stage. They need to learn so much and you are the one that they can learn it from. But watch out, because my 11 year old sounds just like me now and it scares me!
Good luck today! And I can't wait for tonight! GO JAZZ!!