Saturday, November 5, 2011

Healthy Snacking


picture from Word of Wisdom Living

One essential way to make it through this no sugar deal is to have snacks and options available. This is one of my favorites. And it really helps my kids. Prepare a snack plate. A plate full of good options and you will be surprised...you will eat it and so will your kids. Read about it here.

My sisters talked me into trying almond butter. I am not much of a peanut butter fan. Unless it is a peanut butter cup or a peanut butter cookie. But we all agreed that almond butter is pretty good and a good way to add some healthy fat and protein to a snack. Yesterday we liked it on celery and apples. Today we had almond butter and cooked apples on french toast (no syrup for me and a little pure maple syrup for the kids).

One of my most favorite snacks - Nova Granola. Jane makes it. You can read about it here. She has lots of good ideas about granola and healthy eating in general. You can even order some from her. It makes a yummy snack and an excellent gift.                    (picture from Jane)

1 comment:

H C M said...

I want a little snack plate please.