Here are some interesting facts about hunger in Utah.
- 1 in 10 Utahns, and 1 in 8 Utah children, lives in poverty.
- An impoverished family of four makes about $22,000 a year to cover health care costs, shelter, food, and other household expenses.
- Utah has the fourth-highest rate of food insecurity in the nation. About 350,000 Utahns risk missing one meal every day.
- More than 134,000 Utahns receive food stamps, and 63,000 eat dinner at a soup kitchen.
- 1 in 7 Utah children is at risk of hunger, and nearly 40 percent receive free or reduced school lunch.
Check out the Utah Food Bank for more info or other ways to help out.
Last year we gave over 700 lbs to the food bank and I HOPE we can beat that.
So come join us and bring some non-perishable food or baby items. And I will be serving scones and hot chocolate. Tempted?