Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Should Know Better

Of course, I should have posted the recipe. Duh! If I could I would have had you all over and shared them.

It is from Kenyon's niece Lynsie - She calls them the "World's Greatest Pumpkin Cookies."

4 cups flour
2 cups quick oats
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1tsp vanilla
1 16 oz can pumpkin
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting

Directions:
Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl cream butter and gradually add sugars until light and fluffy. Then add egg and vanilla mix well. Next, alternating pumpkin and dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Frost with cream cheese frosting. (I actually didn't do that last night but it would have made my kids very happy if I had.)

1 comment:

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I made these cookies, Annie, and they are FANTASTIC. YUM! They were gone by the next day. They have the perfect ratio of pumpkin, spice, and oatmeal. Thanks for the reciepe!